http://chig.org.uk/chig.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CHIG_EMB.gif 0 0 Alan Brett http://chig.org.uk/chig.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CHIG_EMB.gif Alan Brett2011-09-01 13:43:342011-09-29 22:09:22Latton Woods - 1 Oct 2011
Local Event/ SWELL/Herts & Essex Schools League
Saturday 1 October 2011
- Grid Reference: TL 468083. Postcode: CM18 7HR.
- By road: From M11 junction 7 follow A414 to Harlow. Turn left at roundabout to Southern Way A1169, then follow signs. Parking along Latton Common Road, past British Legion building.
- Public Transport: Nearest rail station is Harlow Town (3.2 miles). Please check for train running information before you travel in case of engineering works. Good network of cycle paths. Bus 21 (half hourly) runs from Town Centre Bus station to close by. Bus 392 runs from Town Rail Station, but has a longer walk to the event location. Alternative bus route 19 from Epping Tube station (16 mins journey time and 10 min walk). Check www.transportdirect.info for further information.
- Registration: 10:00 to 11.15 (Online registration open)
- Starts: 10:15 to 11:30
- Courses close: 13:00
|Technical Difficulty||V Easy||Easy||Medium||Hard||V Hard||V Hard|
|School Years||Up to Yr 6||Yr 7 & Yr 8||Yr 9 & Yr 10||Yr 11 & Yr 12|
- Results will be available after the event at www.chig.org.uk.
- Include your email address on the entry form if you would like to be notified on their publication.
Map & Terrain
- 1:10 000 (extensively updated summer 2011)
- Open common land and mixed woodland.
- Complete your registration form online (pay on the day). Alternatively, the entry form may be downloaded here if you would like to fill this in at home before you travel: PDF Version and Word Version.
- £7.00 Seniors (£2 discount to BOF/ SEOA affiliated club members)
- £2.00 Juniors/ Students.
- Groups are welcome. Please phone/email the organiser with numbers in advance to ensure sufficient maps are available.
Reserve Your Map
- Online form available. Maps are reserved until 15 minutes before last start unless you advise us you will be later).
- To help us determine likely map demand, you may register as either Attending or Maybe Attending on the event Facebook page.
- Electronic Punching (EPS SI) will be used at the event.
- SI ‘Dibber’ Hire available (Seniors/Students £1, Juniors Free)
- Toilets: TBC
- Refreshments: Squash and water available adjacent to finish/download area.
Coaching & Equipment
- A compass is useful, but not essential on beginners courses.
- CHIG club coaches will be present to offer advice and coaching to beginners and improvers.
- There are no road crossings on the junior courses.
- Please be considerate of other users of the Woods and the Common including cyclists, horse riders and members of the general public. The whole area is popular with dog walkers.
- You must report to “download” at the registration point even if you do not finish the course.
- Competitors take part at their own risk.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome at this event but any mess must be cleared up, and they must be kept under control at all times.
- Organiser: Alan Brett, Tel: 07739350292, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planner: Tom Edelsten