Sunday 20th October 2019
LOCAL EVENT/ SWELL
BIRCHANGER WOODS, Bishop’s Stortford
- By road: leave M11 at junction 8. Take 2nd exit – A120 west, then after approx 200m take first exit at roundabout to A1250 Bishops Stortford (Dunmow Road). At next roundabout turn right onto Parsonage Lane. The school entrance is approx 150m on the right. Signed from roundabout A1250 Dunmow Road and Parsonage Lane. Car park is second entrance to school. Park as directed.
- By rail: approx 30 minutes walk from Bishops Stortford station. (London Liverpool Street to Cambridge line.) Walk along Warwick Road, past Herts & Essex High School to Dunmow Road, as this saves 10 minutes.
Event Centre & Car Park:
- Parking in Birchwood High School Carpark, Parsonage Lane, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 5BD
- Grid Reference: TL 503217
- Follow tapes from car park to registration at Sixth form Centre.
- Dogs welcome if under control.
- Registration: 10:00 am to 11.15 am
- Starts: 10:15 am to 11:30 am
- Courses close: 1pm
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green, Blue
Colour coded ranging from suitable for beginners to those suitable for experienced orienteers
1 : 4,000 (updated September 2019) NOTE THE SCALE
Deciduous vegetation in woods, school grounds plus urban estate roads on longer courses
£5.00 BOF/ SEOA Seniors and £2.00 Juniors/ Students.
(£2 extra for non BOF/ SEOA seniors)
Entry on the day, however you can reserve your map and complete your entry form online at the bottom of this page. If you use the map reservation system you just need to pay your entry fee on arrival at the event.
- Organiser: Ray Curtis Tel: 01279 418699 Email: email@example.com
- Planner: Tony Maycraft