- Club membership is open to all.
- The membership year runs from January to December.
- Members joining in November & December receive these months “free” and their fees are credited to the following calendar year.
- Club membership fees also include membership of British Orienteering and affiliation to the South East Orienteering Association.
- The junior rate applies to anyone aged 20 or younger on 31 December 2021.
- The total membership fee payable for a family is dependent on the size of the family unit.
- You can join online via the British Orienteering website.
- Click here and select CHIG from the clubs list.
- Membership Type
|Eligible to compete at the Club Championships||Attend our training sessions||Come along to CHIG socials||Subsidised Club kit|
|Represent the club at interclub competitions, team events & relays||Advice from club coaches||Vote at the CHIG & British Orienteering AGMs||Insurance cover (liability to 3rd parties) at events registered with British Orienteering|
|Appear in the BOF ranking list (when you have entered at least one ‘Level C’ event in the last 12 months)||BOF magazine Focus quarterly with news & updates on orienteering||Join our Members Facebook Group||Receive discount on entry fees at orienteering events (such as JK, national, regional and local events)|
|Lift shares available to competitions||Improve your general fitness levels||Make new friends at socials & by volunteering at events|
“Its a bit of a cliche but I would say that its the sense of thinking on one’s feet – I do enjoy and do a lot of standard running but orienteering offers so much more of a mental and physical challenge in terms of trying to maintain the perfect balance between running as quickly as possible and fully interpreting and processing the information provided on the map and borne out in front of you as you pass through the terrain.”