Membership – How to Join
CHIG welcomes new members – young and not-so-young, individuals and families.
2013 Membership Scheme
Membership for 2013 is now available.
Club membership fees also include membership of British Orienteering and affiliation to the South East Orienteering Association.
The membership fee structure is as follows:
The junior rate applies to anyone aged 20 or younger on 31 December 2013.
A family rate is also available, however the total membership fee payable for a family is dependent on the size of the family unit (due to BOF and SEOA fee structures).
|2 x Seniors||£29|
How to Join
You can join online via the British Orienteering website. Click here and select CHIG from the clubs list and SEOA from the Association list.
Joining CHIG means you:
- are eligible to compete at the CHIG Club Championships
- have opportunities to compete for your local club in team events, relays etc
- access to training sessions and advice from CHIG’s coaches
- are eligible to compete in the British Championships and other National ranking events and have opportunity to qualify to represent Great Britain, England and the South-East region squads
- receive discount on entry fees at orienteering events (such as JK, national, regional and local events)
- may attend CHIG social events
- may purchase subsidised club kit
- receive BOF’s Quarterly, 40 page magazine ‘Focus’ with ‘Ozone’ a dedicated eight page section for junior orienteers
- appear in the BOF ranking list (when you have entered at least one ‘Level C’ event in the last 12 months)
- receive papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM and the CHIG AGM
- Insurance cover (liability to 3rd parties) at events registered with British Orienteering
- receive discounts with various national companies/shops through the member discounts scheme
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact our membership secretary, Helen Hampton.