This event is the CHIG Club Championships for 2018.
2018 CHIG club championships: Sunday 30 September @ Thorndon South
We are pleased to announce that this year’s club championships will be held as part of HAVOC’s regional event at Thorndon South on Sunday 30 September. Thorndon, to the south east of Brentwood and a short drive from junction 29 of the M25, offers a complex mixture of gently sloping established and re-planted woodland along with streams, a lake, open meadows and pasture fields.
As in previous years, we will be there will be trophies on offer in nine categories, with provisionally allocated courses as follows:
- Senior men: Blue, 7.5km)
- Senior women: Green, 4.8km)
- Men’s vets (M45 and older): Green
- Women’s vets (W45 and older): Light green (3.9km)
- Intermediate boys (M16, M18): Light green
- Intermediate girls (W16, W18): Light green
- Junior boys (M14 and younger): Orange (2.9km)
- Junior girls (W14 and younger): Orange
- Novices: Orange
You will also have a chance to win the Handicap trophy, with details of the methodology applied for this available closer to / on race day.
There is no need to enter this event in advance as you can register and pay (£7 for BOF-member seniors, £9 for non-BOF members; £3 for juniors) on the day (see https://www.orienteering-