South East Orienteering Association (SEOA)
South East Sprint Championships 2018
QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK
Saturday 16th June 2018
Forego your Park Run, forget the beach, drop everything and make it over to east London for an unforgettable race.
You think you know the Olympic Park from BSC 2016?
It’s in the usual two-part format, but be prepared for a surprise in an area new to orienteering. This will test your running and your navigation. Just a clue: in the Final the shorter courses use a map scale of 1:3000…
And, of course, make a South East weekend of it in the Relays at Holmbush on Sunday 17th June.
Event Centre: Mossbourne Riverside Primary Academy, East Bay Lane, London E15 2GW.
Parking: There is NO onsite parking. Car parking is available at the Westfield Centre multi-storey car parks for around £9 per day. Please use public transport to Hackney Wick overground rail station or Stratford/ Stratford International, Tube/ Railway/ DLR station.
From Hackney Wick station, R. on White Post Lane, R. on Hepscott Rd., under the bridge to Wallis Rd., which then turns R.; over the footbridge; immediately turn L.. Allow 10 mins.
From Stratford International/Westfield Centre follow signs for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then Copper Box. Allow 30 mins.
Mossbourne Riverside Academy is north of the Copper Box, between Here East and the canal.
Terrain: Urban areas and undulating parkland with plenty of navigational challenge.
Maps: Graham Gristwood’s map updated to 2018.
- Finals courses 3 and 4 at 1:3,000.
|Course||Classes||Heats Length (km)|
|1||M14-16, M18-40, M45-55||3.0|
|2||W14-16, W18-40, W45-55||2.7|
|3||M60-65, M70+, W60-65, W70+||2.5|
Electronic punching: SI on all courses. Dibbers available for hire (£1). SIAC is not activated.
Entries: Entry to ALL competition courses are via Fabian4 (www.fabian4.co.uk), by the closing date of Tuesday 12th June.
Final details and results on www.chig.org.uk.
- Pre-entry until 31st May: £8 BOF seniors (£10 non-BOF); £5 juniors/students.
- Pre-entry 1st – 12th June: £10 BOF seniors (£12 non-BOF); £5 juniors/students.
- Limited EOD, subject to map availability: £12 BOF seniors (£14 non-BOF); £6 juniors/ students.
- EOD registration from 9.30 – 10.00.
- Heat Starts: 10:30 – 11:40. Start times available on Fabian4. Allow 20 minutes along taped route to start/ finish.
- Final Starts: 13:30 – 14:40.
Facilities at Event Centre:
- Toilets, indoor hall for wet weather, covered and open sections of secure playground.
- Registration and download in hall.
- There is a wide selection of eateries, bars and coffee shops at Here East approximately 200m from the Event Centre.
- Organiser: Ray Curtis (CHIG), tel: 01279 418699 (evenings) or email email@example.com
- Planner: Tom Edelsten (CHIG)
- Controller: Andrew Evans (DFOK)
All competitors take part in this event at their own risk.
CHIG reserve the right to retain all or part of the entry fees to cover costs, should the event be cancelled or postponed for whatever reason.