North London Street League 2011/12
Thursday 29 September 2011
- Registration: At the Carpenter’s Arms, Smart’s Lane, Loughton IG10 4BP. (“a great local pub, friendly atmosphere, good beer” Hairybarsnacks.com).
- Grid Reference: TQ420963 Postcode: IG10 4BP
- By road: By car, park in the pay and display car park next to Sainsbury’s, Old Station Road (free after 6:00 pm). Walk up Old Station Road, turn right along the High Road, then left into Forest Road past the police station. The back entrance to the pub is just after the bend in the road. It will take you about ten minutes.
- Public Transport: Train or bus to Loughton Central line station, then walk through the bus station, cross the roundabout and fork right along Station Road. Cross the High Road, and continue along Forest Road past the police station. The back entrance to the pub is just after the bend in the road. It will take you about ten minutes.
- Registration & Start: 1830 – 1930
- Courses Close: 21:00
- A one hour score course, with a 20 points penalty per minute or part minute late.
- All the control sites are easily visible house numbers at road junctions. You will be given the compass direction of the required house from the middle of the junction. At some junctions, several house numbers will appear to fit the description, and in those cases, all will be marked correct.
- Controls will be worth 10, 20, 30 or 40 points, mostly, but not exclusively according to how far away they are.
- Results will be available after the event at www.chig.org.uk.
- Include your email address on the entry form if you would like to be notified on their publication.
Map & Terrain
- 1:12,500, black and white, with only streets and paths marked.
- The terrain slopes approximately NW to SE, steeply to the west of the map, less so to the east.
- The map and clue sheet will be on separate pieces of A4 paper.
- A4 map bag will be available on request.
- You are advised to bring a torch and compass.
- The traffic is generally not heavy or fast, but light coloured clothing for extra visibility is advised.
- LOK/CHIG/HH senior members £1, other senior members £2.
- Juniors are not allowed to run street events unless accompanied by an adult.
Reserve Your Map
- Please email the organiser to reserve your map.
- We are very grateful to the Carpenter’s Arms management for allowing us to use their premises as an event centre. They have a full range of drinks and food for you afterwards.
- Planner/Organiser: John Duffield CHIG 020 8281 0676 firstname.lastname@example.org