Fellow Chig Members
For those that are not aware, I have agreed to be the Club Captain for the rest of 2010. I am a novice at this role, so you will have to forgive me if I am a bit different from previous captains. Thanks to Mike Brett who carried the captain’s cap last year and to Tim Pribul who helped cover this duty since March.
I understand we had two teams in the recent SE Relay event and well done to Mark Ford, John Duffield and Robert Campbell who came second in the open category and to Tom Edelsten, Dylan Campbell and Ros West who competed in the handicap.
Our next relay event is the Stragglers Relay to be held in, Hylands Park, Chelmsford on Sunday 11 July.
For those that haven’t run it before (including me), it is a handicap event with 4 runners completing a total of 9 legs. Chig runners (Ray Weeks, Carol & John Pearce and Tim Pribul) won the event in 2008 and it would be great to have another strong showing this year.
Can you please email me if you are interested in being part of a Chig team. I have re-arranged my diary and will be running as will Owen (M10). I am happy if you wish to organise teams independently, however I will need to submit entries before 5 July, so please let me know asap.
A reminder of the rules are below:
1. Teams of four runners must complete four short (yellow), three medium (orange) and two longer (light green) courses.
2. Each team member must complete at least one course and no-one may run the same course twice. At the start, each team will receive a set of maps, one for each course. The fourth runner will not be able to start until another team member returns.
3. Scratch teams will start at 12 noon (ie 4 x M21s). Handicap will determine start time of all other teams working back from 12 noon up to a maximum of 60 minutes, ie 11 o’clock. Handicap in minutes as follows:
4. Thus a team made up of M18+W40+W45+M55 will have a handicap of 5+11+13+10 = 39 minutes. Start time will be at 11.21.
5. The Organiser’s decision is final.