The 2009 Michael Brandon MITRE will be held on 22 November at Epping East.
|Flyer||Online Entry||Final Details||Results||Badge Times||Planner’s Comments||Organiser’s Report||Controller’s Report||Event Feedback||Photos|
Michael Brandon Mitre Regional Event
Epping Forest East
- From M25: Leave the M25 at Junction 26, signed Epping (A121). After approx 1.5 miles at roundabout, take third exit A1 21 signed Loughton. Straight on at next roundabout A121 signed Buckhurst Hill and go through Loughton Town Centre. Turn left at mini roundabout signed Loughton Underground, past Sainsbury’s, turn left to Alderton Hill, over mini roundabout turn left into Brook Road and park in Roding Valley High School car park – £1.
- From North Circular A406: Take Woodford exit (A104) northbound for 2.5 miles, then right fork A121 signed Loughton. After 2.7 miles turn right at mini roundabout, signed Loughton Underground as above.
Public transport: Loughton Underground Station – Central Line is less than five minutes away from the school.
GR TQ4 23 958 .
Facilities : Indoor toilets at the school. Shops available at Sainsbury’s and on Loughton High Road . Traders – Ultrasport .
Start and finish : Approx 1,650m walk to Start. Allow 25 – 30 minutes walk.
Dogs welcome if under control.
Map: Epping Forest East updated 2009 1:10,000. Mixed deciduous woodland and forest at its best. Next use is SC2012.
Courses: The new British Orienteering colour courses for regional standard events are being offered:-
|Brown||9.6 km||M35L, M40L|
|Short Brown||7.5 km||M18L, M20L, M45L, M50L, M21S, W21L|
|Blue||7.1 km||M16, M55L, M60L, M35S, M40S, W35L, W40L|
|Short Blue||5.9 km||M65L, M18S, M20S, M45S, M50S, W18L, W20L, W45L, W50L, W21S|
|Green||4.3 km||M70L, M55S, M60S, W16, W55L, W60L, W35S, W40S|
|Short Green||3.4 km||M75L, M80, M65S, M70S, W65L, W70L, W75L, W80, W45S, W50S, W55S, W60S|
|Light Green||3.2 km||M14, W14|
|Orange||3.1 km||M12, W12|
|Yellow||2.4 km||M10, W10|
|Wayfarer/ novice||3.0 – 3.5km|
- EOD Registration: 10:00 am to 11.3 0am
- Starts: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Courses close: 2:30 pm String course at Roding Valley High School
Electronic punch: EPS-SI on all courses. Dibber hire £1.00
Entries: Via www.fabian4.co.uk, or by SEF (cheques to Chigwell & Epping Forest OC) addressed to the Organiser. Closing date for receipt of entries: Saturday 14 November 2009. Limited EOD. Late entries subject to availability of maps.
Final details and results on www.chig.org.uk
|Colour Coded Courses (except white)
||Up to 14 Nov 2009||After 14 Nov 2009 & EOD|
|BOF & SEOA Seniors||£9.00||£11.00|
|Non BOF Seniors||£11.00||£13.00|
|Wayfarers & White|
|BOF & SEOA Seniors||£5.00|
|Non BOF Seniors||£7.00|
- Planners: Mike Brett and Josh Jenner
- Controller: Simon Errington (HH)
- Organiser: Ray Curtis , 11, Rosemount, Harlow , CM19 4HS Tel: 01279 418699 Email: email@example.com
N.B. Competitors take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety